The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Are Protests the Most Effective Method to Bring About Change in Society?
in Politics

Here are articles from differing perspectives on this topic:

So, do you think that formal protests in the streets, ect. are the most effective way (or effective in any way) of brining about change in society?  Or, rather, would it be more efficient to end "PC" behavior and have "everyday conversations" about the issues with people that you come into social contact with, post more blogs, other writing/video formats posted online or in person, lectures/talks, ect.?  Is it more that people are not challenged on their beliefs in everyday life and that doing this would be the best way to bring about change in society rather than isolated protests in streets that (although large ones receive media coverage) is more or less "preaching to the quire" or otherwise overly confrontational?  Also, are street protests designed to be fundamentally emotional, illogical, and rather irrational with chanting's and mantras recited en masse?  Is this a proper mechanism for which to persuade others that do not see nor agree with your perspective?  Also, doesn't the risk of street protest (i.e. going to jail) seem far higher than "everyday conversation" even if those conversations may be highly uncomfortable?

Thoughts?
yolostidebillpassedjoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

10 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections